Fri, Jul 01|
July 1-10 2022 Motorcycle Benefit Ride
Cusco, Laras, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, Colca Canyon, Qeswachaka Bridge
Time & Location
Jul 01, 2022, 8:00 PM – Jul 10, 2022, 8:00 PM
About The Event
We start in Cusco Cuzco, taking in the grandeur of the Andes Mountain Range. Snow capped mountains and primitive villages
will be the mainstay as you experience Peru in a way that goes beyond, ordinary.
If you prefer the paved roads...there are plenty of them, connecting every major city and points of interest. If secondary roads and
back country are what you want, you will be in the middle of it all.
JULY 1-10 is the actual ride....Arrive June 30 for prep day and kickstands up July 1.
JUNE 30. Travel Day Arrive in Cusco, Acclimate, relax, get fitted with gear and prep for trip.
1. Pick up bikes and tour the back country outside of Chinchero down to Urubamba for a look around the Studio of
Pablo Seminario, a world famous potter, who has his work displayed in the Smithsonian, Chicago Field Museum and World Bank in New York.
He is a friend of mine and you will enjoy his warm welcome. Then, on to Laras for a soak in the hot springs and a nights rest in mountain cabins
with local residents preparing our meals.
2. Enjoy a full day of riding in the mountains on primitive roads, creek crossings and interacting with curious local people and dodging the
grazing Alpaca. We finish the day in Ollantaytambo where we leave our bikes and catch the train to Agua Caliente, the next morning for a tour of Machu Picchu.
3. Machu Picchu Tour, Back to Ollantaytambo and then spend the night resting in this living Inca village.
4. Embark for Puno (Lake Titicaca) 7 hours of riding in the Alto Plano (high country)
5. Tour Lake Titicaca by boat, Uros (the floating Islands) and/or the large Island of Taquile
We return to enjoy the local restaurants and culture.
6. Puno to Chivay Village, passing over 16,000 ft. elevation along the way. Beautiful rugged back country and
snow covered peaks will be the view of the day.
7. Chivay to the Colca Canyon "Condor observation point." Then, we spend the rest of the day riding in and around Colca Canyon that is twice as deep as the Grand Canyon.
8. Colca to Espinar. Primitive and paved roads winding up, down, over, and through this varied, breathtaking region. Some amazing riding is an understatement.
9. Then from Espinar and the Hanging Inca Bridge "Q'eswachaka" one of the most amazing and inspiring sights of the trip and some of the
most beautiful roads you will ever encounter in this region. We finish the day in Cusco. Return the bikes and unwind with hot showers, great food
and a look around this amazing city.
10. Enjoy the local sights in Cusco. Many fantastic restaurants, architecture, shopping, barber shops, Inca Massage.
You get the idea. This day also serves as a buffer in case we encounter any delays along the route getting back to Cusco.
11. Cusco/Lima/US flight
July 1-10 2022Cusco